Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Cat Came Back

The cat came back/ the very next day/ Thought he was a gonner but the kitty came back/ 'cause he couldn't stay away

That curious cat "full of personality" (as Gabby's art teacher described him) was strutting his stuff again for the general public today. Arts Alive is an annual event put on by our school system that I've blogged about before. This year, I had plenty to celebrate...

1) My daughter's work was featured in the gallery!
2) I took a group from the alternative high school that I work at, and they've never had a group perform that I know of. I have a lot of respect for those gutsy five kids who sang today, and hopefully they changed some minds in the audience who might believe that kids who've been sent to an alternative school are "too bad" to do anything positive.
3) I wasn't in charge this year. Let's say that again! I wasn't in charge this year! Whoop!

Other great things that happened today included bike rides, "Taco Bells" (as Ben says,) and the power team of Gabby+Jason working their way through another soccer game. I'm not sure if she's completely in love with soccer of her own yet, but she's completely in love with her dad. Her dad loves soccer, and so she enjoys it, too. Don't get me wrong, she puts forth a lot of effort and seems to have fun, but I know that deep down he's her #1 motivating factor. So sweet. Coach Jason has been dealt a really young team it seems, and he is so patient and encouraging with the kids. Our favorite moment so far involves our goalie placing the ball on the ground right in front of the goal while Jason yells, "Throw it! Throw it! Noooooo... Pick it up! Throw-" And that's when the other team scored.
Little brothers take their sideline cheering job seriously.
That is, unless there's anything else to do.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:30 AM

    CONGRATULATIONS! to Ms. Gabby on making such beautiful art. I love the cat! Jason and Scott can share soccer coach stories. Cute picture! I can see the little brothers are taking notes.

    ReplyDelete