Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's over!


ArtsAlive... my bread and butter or my walking papers? For the last two weeks, I have been going nonstop at work, mostly because of ArtsAlive - our countywide arts showcase. The choruses and bands perform, and students' artwork is on display. I took both of my choruses, just like last year. Only, I wish I had been as on top of my game as last year. My students did wonderfully! The pic above is my 4th & 5th grade group. To keep this story short, I'll just say that I owe a lot of people casseroles. Have I learned something? Oh, yes. And there will be pages of notes by the end of tonight.

BUT! It's over! (Except for all the thank you note-writing and casserole-baking, of course.) Jason is thrilled about this, and Gabby is worn out.
This week, Gabrielle has learned two new tricks: making a gurgling "k" sound when she's 'talking' to us, and playing the Shy Game. The shy game involves looking at her dad, waiting to be spoken to, and then smiling and burrowing down into my shoulder, only to look right back at him and wait again. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment