Saturday, March 25, 2006

Long time, no blog.

So here's a little peak into my life this afternoon.
Pretend this is a photo in an art gallery. What you would you name it? (I'll give you a second to think... Post your title in the comments gallery. I'm still waiting for you to come up with something clever. Go ahead. Take your time. . . . . Good.) I would name it Shhhh. Shhh! Don't worry about the leftover takeout containers on the table right now... You'll wake up the baby. Shhh! Leave the laundry alone. You might wake up the baby. Aye-yah! I just looked over my shoulder to find that my typing has now awakened the baby. But she's doing that weird one-eye "Is anybody watching me?" thing. Okay, she's out again. She fell asleep in the bouncy seat right after I finished feeding her rice cereal. That's right! I don't think I'd announced that on the blog, but we're spoon feeding now! Whoo hoo!

Gabby's been a bit fussy for the last few days. Sometimes I think she's bored. For real. She is such a grown-up. She's found new expressions, too. One sounds like Forest Gump grunting as a child, and another sounds like a dog whimpering. Both of these express displeasure. I thought she was bored, so I read her a book, and she started whimpering. I dunno. All she wants to do is, all she wants to do is chew. (Sing it loud, Henley fans!) And yet, she's not cutting teeth. I dunno.


The highlight of my week is either making Gabrielle laugh or having Megan come visit on Monday night. What a treat. Notice how nice Megan looks in this picture? I think she has it figured out that anyone who comes to visit is going to end up on the blog. Want world-wide notoriety? Come and sit a spell.

And finally, a poem.

When Jason gave me a ring
When birds find time to sing
When Idol crowns its King
It's the shortest time of the year
Old folks will sit on porch swings
Bees again will sting
To good weather will I cling
SO WHY IS IT STILL WINTER?
Higher temperatures will bring
Footwear without shoestrings
I'd like to visit Beijing
My break starts April Seventeen -
PLEASE HURRY UP AND GET HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:23 PM

    You are right, Gabrielle is bored. Listen to her, she is saying "take me to visit GMB".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Elle fell asleep snapping her fingers for some pizza.
    Nanna

    ReplyDelete