Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BFF {Brother: Friend or Foe?}

So, in the Book of Proverbs, it says, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." (17:17)
However, my prayer lately is that they'll be siblings and friends.  The best part of my day is often listening to one of these precious three making another one laugh.  All three do play together pretty well right now.  It wasn't even until this year when Gabby and Ben figured out how to purposefully irritate the other.  I think they used to call that "pushing buttons" in the days of yore.  Obviously, there's more of that to come.  Obviously.  [sigh]  I just don't believe that they have to hate each other.  Every now and then I see families where the kids truly do nothing but fight, and I think how blessed I am to have had parents that showed us how to play together and love each other.  I think they used to call it "getting along" in the days of yore. 

Sure, we got on each other's nerves.  And we got in trouble for using some pretty ugly names for each other.  But I don't remember much of that.  I mostly remember singing together in the van on road trips. 

Yeah, I'm definitely praying that my kids will love each other the way I love my sisters.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Sibling harmony, the best of both worlds! :)

    ReplyDelete