Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

You know you're settled in somewhere when you turn to your spouse and say, "These are the same shots I get every year." Easter egg hunt, me with camera, annoying certain families who don't like to be photographed, standing in chairs to get the angle, running ahead to try to catch faces... I just realized my dad did this our whole childhood. Now I will do this more proudly! I guess I unofficially consider myself the church Easter egg hunt photographer, but I'll get to the ones you want to see the most: Lutz kids!




While hiding the eggs for the second hunt, I had a little moment to myself and thought about how we adults don't always do such a thorough job explaining faith traditions to kids. Maybe that's why it seems like the Easter Bunny is just the Santa of Spring. (Anybody else notice that trend growing?) Anyway, my mind wanders through the egg hunt analogy, and I'm thinking, "Adults should do this!" The empty egg = the empty tomb = resurrection = Life. Life, as opposed to death. Life, as in abundant, full, good, satisfying life. And we totally get distracted from hunting it. Little reminders are hidden all over the place, and we're distracted by flowers (or bees on the flowers!) or cameras or dayplanners or... Adults need an egg hunt, because we're the ones who forget to explain this pretty neat tradition to little ones.

So what does Jason preach this morning?
And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?"
{Luke 24:5}

Yup. Looking for Life in dayplanners.

Happy Easter! Praying that you and yours have Life and have it abundantly.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Happy Easter! Love the egg hunt, but the greatest blessing of the day prevails. :)

    ReplyDelete